$30.00 an hour
I accept cash or check, but I prefer to receive payment online via my business PayPal account. You do not need your own PayPal account to pay me online.
Tutoring agencies and online tutoring sites advice parents to expect to pay up to $75 per hour for a certified teacher with experience. I determined my rate in order to remain affordable while still receiving adequate compensation of my time.
*Note: My prices are subject to change; however, once you sign a contract, you are locked into the rate listed in your contract, and you will be unaffected by any increase in my listed pay rate.
Online Tutoring Explained
Some students and parents hesitate when they learn the tutoring will happen online rather than in-person. While online tutoring is not for everyone, it is very similar to in-person tutoring. Watch this informational video and check out the FAQ section to determine if online tutoring is right for you.
I guide students in 6th grade–college, helping them navigate their way to a brighter future.
- Schedule an initial meet and greet meeting. (If the student is a child, the parent must be present.)
- After the meet and greet, you will have one free session to see if online tutoring will work for you.
- If we determine to move forward, I will email my contract, payment policy, and student information sheet. All three documents must be filled out before I begin tutoring sessions. The policies page on this website goes over the contract content.
- I will hold tutoring sessions 1–3 times a week, depending on the needs of the client until my services are no longer required.
Meet and Greet: The meet and greet, a free informal meeting, allows me to go over logistics with the parent or student if not a child. I also will walk the student through directions on using the online platform and a quick writing or math task. At the end of this meeting, we will decide together whether I am the right tutor for you.
First Session: Your first session is free to see if online tutoring will work for you. During this session, I will conduct some initial assessments to check student’s strengths and weaknesses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Equipment Do I Need? For all online tutoring sessions, you need access to the following:
- A computer (either laptop/desktop)
- Microphone (built in or usb)
- Earbuds or headphones
- 2 updated internet browsers: internet explorer, firefox, or chrome
- What will I need if I want live video feed?
- Skype account or gmail account
- Web camera (built in or usb)
- How Does It Compare to In-Person Tutoring? If the student chooses to do a video feed, it feels just like in-person as we can hear and see each other. The only difference occurs during sessions when the student needs to work on a specific assignment. In that case, the assignment will need to be shared ahead of time, so it can be loaded into the online classroom. Once the assignment has been loaded in, the session runs just the same as my in-person sessions.
- What Are The Benefits?
- No one has to drive anywhere.
- Student has access to all notes, work, and exercises in a digital folder, so there aren’t papers to keep track of and potentially lose in his/her backpack.
- There are a variety of online teaching aids that cater to all learning styles–text chat, Skype, shared whiteboards, shared files, videos, graphing tools etc.